Top Tent - Your Roof Top Tent Unit Specialists!
Roof Top and Folding Tent Units are a great way to get a compact camper without the costs and hassles associated with owning an RV. Whether you are a casual or every weekend camper; they make it affordable to enjoy some of life's simple pleasures like catching sight of a shooting star, smores or scary ghost stories by the campfire.
The roof top tent units were originally developed for back country expeditions and safaris in places like South Africa. Check them out in our Store
Usually the first question people unfamiliar with these Rooftop Tents ask is, why? Here are some of the advantages of our Folding Tent Units versus a Ground Tent:
- Versatile mounting; vehicle rooftops, on trailers, over the bed of pickups; even as an extra bedroom on teardrop trailers or RV's.
- Rapid open, self supporting design that requires no assembling of poles. Simply remove the travel cover and fold the tent open, it’s that easy.
- The built-in flat sleeping surface requires no rock clearing, removing branches or grading for a level sleeping surface.
- Getting off the ground moves you out of the 'critter zone'. No more surprise visitors like coons, skunks, snakes and ants in your tent.
- In rainy conditions; no worrying about the strange 'natural attraction' run-off has for ground tents or digging protective moats.
- Tents stay cleaner when off the ground and out of the dirt. Have you ever setup camp> in the dark only to be dealing with the mess of an old fire it too close to your tent in the morning?
- Packing up your tent is almost as fast as setting it up.
Thinking about a Tent Topped Camping Trailer? Visit Compact Camping Concepts for the range of options we offer. One caution: Be ready for the attention "Tent Topped" brings. I have yet to go camping with our roof top tent where we didn't have numerous visits from fellow campers asking - "What is that?", "Where did you get it?" and "Can I look inside?"